Sunday, November 18, 2012

EVPS are not voices of spirits

Isn't it laughable to see grown men - and women - becoming overly excited when they get a supposed recording of a long-dead person's voice or even that of a demon?  There is even a very long recording of the 'most horrific EVP' ever recorded available for our listening pleasure (listen at your own risk, it's quite nightmarish but not very clear) - http://paranormal.about.com/b/2007/10/14/the-most-horrific-evp-ever-recorded-feature-article.htm.

According to experts, EVPs (electronic voice phenomena is what EVP stands for) are nothing more than transmissions from cell phones, walkie talkies, radio frequencies, satellites, telephone wires, etc. Visit http://www.skepdic.com/evp.html for more information on what EVPs possibly are.  What EVPs are not: the voices of your dead relatives, demons, murder victims, suicides, or any other 'ghostly' or 'spirit' being.  I have an excellent Olympus digital recorder and have tried picking up EVPs in old apartments, houses, parks, and graveyards and have yet to capture anything remotely like the 'voices' caught by ghost hunters on TV (which leads one to speculate on whether or not these 'voices' they so readily capture are faked).



Okay, some of the EVPs on these shows which are declared to be the voices of dead people are validated by some of those being haunted, such as relatives and friends.  I have seen more than a few of these people get quite emotional when they listen to these voices.  However, I still do not believe the EVPs to be the voices of the dead.  These people desperately want answers, and they will hear what they want to.  When my grandmother, with whom I was extremely close, passed away 24 years ago after a long illness, I so wanted to know that she was all right where she was, and had not suffered terribly before dying, that when the digital clock went off like an alarm (not set) and was stuck at 12:00 AM, we all said it was her coming back.  Also, the fire in the wood-burning stove in my great aunt's bedroom (which I shared with her for a time) flared back to life after dying out, and a pattern of what looked like a flying dove was projected on the ceiling.  My great aunt had argued with my grandmother (they were sisters) before my grandmother's death, so my great aunt did not want to hear of any paranormal happenings in her house.  My mother, aunt, and my brother all believed - as I did then - that my grandmother had briefly returned to let us know she was okay.

Back to EVPs...I have heard dozens on various paranormal shows.  Some I can recall: I am the devil.  Dance!  Thank you, Mommy.  I'll kill you!  (I may have heard several variations of the death threat.)  I don't like fish and I don't like birds.  Get out!  (Flashback to the Amityville Horror.)  I hate you!  Goddamn you!  Hello?  The EVPs could go on and on...every episode of Paranormal State, Ghost Adventures, Ghost Lab, My Ghost Story, Paranormal Witness, Haunted Collector, and The Haunted feature some type of EVP, and oftentimes more than 1.  The investigators are usually adamant that these recordings are those of spirits.



At least with Finding Bigfoot (yes, I understand Squatches are not really paranormal beings, but they might as well be), every recording of a 'Sasquatch' hollering in the woods isn't taken as such, especially by the boyish Ranae Holland, the group skeptic.  Every damn EVP the ghost hunters manage to record happens to be that of some poor departed spirit damned to wander earth until they are led the other side!

I just don't believe that the dead are able to communicate with the living.  I don't believe that demons try to 'speak' to us either.  If spirits, demons, angels, and the like can speak to us, why would they need to communicate via digital recorders?  Why is it these 'voices' can only be heard upon playback and usually via enhancements of the original recording?  Why would they even need to 'talk' to us using ghost boxes?  I would think they could simply speak to us without using such paraphernalia.  After all, some of them supposedly materialize without the use of gadgets.  Why not speak to us without employing gadgets?



2 comments:

  1. EVPS are neither. They are actually demonic in nature. They are not voices of the departed, loved ones, or anything like that. EVPs are bad and people should not seek them. I have recorded them accidentally. They were not "cell phone" conversations or mixed static signals from radio. They were actual detached voices that were making comments pertinent to what I was saying and doing on tape. And I was not inviting any of these entities myself. They were intrusive and invasive. Stay away from them at all costs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EVPS are neither. They are actually demonic in nature. They are not voices of the departed, loved ones, or anything like that. EVPs are bad and people should not seek them. I have recorded them accidentally. They were not "cell phone" conversations or mixed static signals from radio. They were actual detached voices that were making comments pertinent to what I was saying and doing on tape. And I was not inviting any of these entities myself. They were intrusive and invasive. Stay away from them at all costs.

    ReplyDelete